Due to COVID-19, things are going to have to be different at Our Place so that we can maintain a safe space for everyone.
Here is an idea of what you can expect when you come back:
· We will be taking re-opening day by day, meaning things could change every week. We promise to keep you updated!
· The drop-in will now be open Monday-Friday from 12:30-3:30, please share this change with your friends!
· We will only be allowing a limited amount of people in the building at a time, on a first come first service basis, starting with only 15 people at a time.
· Take away meals will continue from 2-5. Everyone is welcome to grab a meal on their way out of the center, but you will not be able to bring it inside the building. Sit down meals inside are still canceled for the time being.
· We are so grateful for your help, but there is no member volunteering at this time.
Before Entering the Building
· As per city by law, you must wear a mask that covers your nose, mouth and chin at all times when in the center.
· If you have a physical condition that does not allow you to wear a mask, you will not be able to enter the building. However, we will do everything we can to support you outside of the center (access to Wi-Fi, phone, meals, etc.).
· Everyone will need to be screened before entering the drop-in. Please be ready to wait outside the door of the drop-in for a staff member to screen you before entering the building. You will need to line up and wait before entering the building.
· Everyone will be required to use hand sanitizer when entering the building, no exceptions.
Inside the Building
· When you get inside, you’ll notice things look a lot different! Please do not move your chairs outside of the green boxes on the floor, and only sit on the X’s
on the benches. Please don’t move the tables or chairs around.
· Everyone must follow physical distancing (stay 6 feet apart, or two arm’s length). We understand how excited you might be to see your friends (we are so excited to see you too!), but please make sure to keep a safe distance away from everyone!
· Due to covid-19 restrictions certain activities will not be available, including playing cards, playing pool, board games, and coffee and snacks. We’re so sorry to have to cancel these things, we miss them too, but our number one priority is to keep everyone safe!
· At this time, no food or drink is allowed in the center. Please keep your mask on at all times.
· Only one person allowed in the washroom at a time. We ask that you close the door on your way in, and leave it open on your way out. If the door to the washroom is closed, please wait outside on the circle before going in.
· No members will be allowed in the staff office. If you need to talk to a staff member while they are in the office please stand on the circle by the railing outside the office door.
We know this sounds like SO many rules but we want to make sure we do it right and keep everyone safe.
This is just a place to start and we are hopeful that as time goes by, we are able to loosen up our restrictions.
Oh - and one more thing: we CAN'T WAIT to have you back!
PLEASE NOTE: Our Place programming may change without notice in response to Public Health’s COVID-19 safety recommendations.